Growing up too soon!

June 24, 2023 We have all called these two “The Little Boys” since the day Ryan was born and I have always called Eathyn Little Boy Blue and Ryan Tiny boy blue. I was sitting at the air port this week seeing the Little Boys (Eathyn’s almost 15 and Ryan’s going on 13) off to Georgia to stay with Hannah and Austin for a week. Austin’s out there selling pest control for the summer. He also just closed on his dream ranch that’s 303 acres in Arkansas. I am so impressed and so proud of his grit! He’s only 25 years old! 

As I was sitting there with the little boys, a Flight attendant came to pick them up and walk them onto the airplane. As they stood up, I looked at them next to each other and realized I felt like I had never seen them in the light I was seeing them in at that moment. They were so big and so incredibly cute and so incredibly handsome all at the same time. I wanted to capture that moment and remember it forever, but the flight attendant whisk them away! I called out to Ryan hoping I could catch them before they got on the airplane and take their picture standing together. Ryan called out, "It's too late mom. We gotta go!" I was so sad. I chastised myself for being silly.  They have my heart and they are almost completely grown and going to be gone all too soon. I feel like I have missed years and years of their life while feeling broken inside. I hate that feeling more than anything else in this world. 

Look how cute they are! I hope they know how incredible of men they are! They’re both so kind, and so much fun to be around. I love them so much! 

They’re on a fairy in this picture out in Georgia somewhere…. They had so much fun on this trip despite the fact Eathyn ripped open his calf when he did a back flip into the foam pit at a trampoline park. He had to have 8 stitches and he was in so much pain afterwards! I felt so sad I wasn’t closer to take care of him. I asked him if he wanted to fly home early and he said, “I don’t want to ruin the trip for Ryan and he really want to spend time with Austin’s and Hannah. Instead, he was on the phone with me in tears the first night and again at 4:30am the next morning. He didn’t want to bother Austin or Hannah, so I walked him through how to take care of his injury any time he became over whelmed with the pain.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back To School: a third of students will be bullied. Here is what we can do about it.

School Security Measures for Safe Learning Environments