Feelings of Gratitude All Along the Way

Marilyn Stoner leaves me feeling so close to heaven just by the way she serves me.  From the moment she contacted me about the job offer that I sent out on the ward email she has told me to call her any time, day or night to come take care of Mariela.  While she's here she loves to spoil my other kids with so much love.  When I need to go somewhere that would be difficult with babies I just call Marilyn and she comes over and takes care of Mariela and anyone else that's in the house.  So here I am with 7 kids and three babies under 2 and I have as much freedom as I always did before I had these three sweet little babies.  For the longest time I literally fought that offer and thought, "surely she can't mean that." But for the last 8 months she has proven to me that she knows how to serve and love others more than anyone I have ever known.  The realization that I have 7 children and I am completely free to seep everything that is good and wonderful from this life and holding nothing back with time commitments for these babies is a miracle greater than I think anyone I will ever meet could possibly understand.  Miracles like this do not happen every day.  I am blessed beyond description. And Marilyn is the  angel who is His hands.  I think that's what leaves me breathless,  she takes care of me every bit as good as He would.  How could I not feel close to heaven with someone in my life like her.  Today Marilyn left here at 5pm while I was out swimming with my kids and my brother Kevin's kids who are visiting this week.  My night nurse came in at 5pm and at 9:15 Kevin walked through the door from a business meeting and wanted to go to dinner with all the kids.  All three babies were in bed.  I thought,"Marilyn has always told me to call her day or night and I never really have."  I went in and sent my night nurse home and called Marilyn.  She is so sweet and loving and supportive of any and all of my dreams.  She said she'd come over and babysit for me.  She was here 20 minutes later at 9:35 pm until 11pm.  Ryan  and Eathyn were still awake but I knew they were in good hands with her.  Off we went at 9:45 at night to dinner and all the while I am trying to hold back the tears.  Marilyn is so good to me.  I feel like she must have a very close relationship with the Savior for as wonderful as she is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing up too soon!

Back To School: a third of students will be bullied. Here is what we can do about it.

Miracle While Visiting Teaching