Lazaro Cabellero

Lazaro Cabellero is a cute little hispanic man I met one day down in Belton on main street during a child abuse awareness function Brett and I had been invited to attend.  He saw Brett's  sign and said, "I owe my life to this man.  He won custody for me for my two daughters."  He started to cry big crocodile tears.  He told me he wanted to help us make sure he won judge.  I put him at one of my polls during early voting.  He held a sign and waved at voters for 2 weeks.  This man has left quite an impression on my life.  He is disabled and is unable to work still,  he is the happiest, up beat person I have ever know.  Every day when he'd call me during early voting I'd say, "How are you Larry?  (everyone calls him Larry)" And he'd say,  "great!"  One day after getting that same response day after day, after he'd been in the hot sun for hours on end campaigning for me, I said, "Larry, how is it that you are always doing great?!?" He said, "Mrs. Pritchard, there's always more good about life than bad.  It doesn't matter what is going on, I always have much more to be grateful for, even in the face of trial.  Still there's way more good in my life than bad.  He said, "You just need to try it."  When someone asks you how your doing you just need to smile and say, "I'm doing great!!"

 I tried that for a couple days.  Something very strange started to happen.  I couldn't think of any of the negative any more.  I went two to three days always being great when someone would ask.  I started to feel differently.  Then Friday night hit and I was so tired, then Saturday morning came and I was grouchy to Brett and it's all been bad since,  I started to nitpick at him.  I need to "stop it!!" and be more charitable and look at all that he does for me.  I love the feeling of always having something positive on my mind.  I feel so free and light and happy.  I miss that feeling already.  I told Larry, "if I can learn to be positive in the face of this campaign, I can be positive in any other phase of my life."  That's when Larry went from saying, "I'm doing GREAT! to saying I'm doing GREAT, FABULOUS,FANTASTIC!" I told Larry, "Larry, "I'll never achieve that many positive thoughts!!"  and he said,"yes you will Mrs. Pritchard!"  Along with him saying he was Great all the time he also would say 2-3 times a day, "Mrs. Pritchard, I have a really good feeling about this.  Brett's going to win this election.  He's going to win, I just know he is!"  He'd say that over and over again.  It has been so nice having him on our team!! He has taught me so much! He's made the campaign so much more enjoyable and light and happy and positive.  I really love this man.  What a cute little man!

Popular posts from this blog

Growing up too soon!

Back To School: a third of students will be bullied. Here is what we can do about it.

Miracle While Visiting Teaching