Our Small, Little Family Memories Begin....

Eathyn and Ryan love going to the barber shop.  The barber has lots of cool toys to play with and they just think getting there hair cut is pretty cool.  At one point Ryan was laying his head back and falling a sleep. He was perfectly content, it was so cute.  I wish I'd gotten a picture of that.  Eathyn is 5 and Ryan's 3.  They keep their dad and me very, very busy!








One particular day I was too lazy to make lunch.  Eathyn and Ryan had a really healthy snack, which was really a small meal an hour earlier, so I didn't want to put a whole lot of effort into lunch, just in case they didn't end up eating it.  I cut up an orange and handed them each a slice of bread and said, "You guys wanna pretend this is sacrament bread?"  They were so excited with that idea!  For the next hour and a half they played Mori and Bishop.  They both absolutely love Mori Jensen, a lady in our ward.  Towards the end of an hour Eathyn came out of Rachel's room, all dressed up like a woman.  He even had bulges up front.  I said, "What's under your jammies?" He unzipped his sleeper and this is what I saw!!! I just about died of laughter.  I put my smile away and said, "Eathyn, you know how we have taught you to ask what a word means before you say it, because sometimes words are not appropriate to use?  Well... It is not appropriate to wear girls under clothing either." (It just occurred to me while typing up this post, I wonder if he had on her under wear too, by the way he's grabbing his jammies.) He said, "Oh, okay."  These two little boys have us rolling laughing, much of the time, as we all watch them grow.





     Santa was very kind to our three youngest boys this year.  He brought them this boat.  Austins been telling Eathyn and Ryan he would take them out on the lake, and that is exactly what he did.  Austin is so good to these boys! How many 16 year olds do you know that would rather spend the day on the lake with his little brothers than with any one else?  We have been so blessed with 4 amazing teen age children that would rather be with each other than anyone else.  What a peaceful, happy life we have all had together.  I miss our three children who are no longer at home, desperately! I hope and pray for the peace that will surely come, through God's plan, for this sweet family of ours.

      Brett is such a good dad! He and Austin work for hours and hours together on this old boat. They love to tinker with it. Brett says, "It's not about the boat, It's about Austin." He has his priorities                  straight.  He works hard to provide for our family, but always finds time for our children."                       









Popular posts from this blog

Growing up too soon!

Back To School: a third of students will be bullied. Here is what we can do about it.

Eathyn Has the Croup