My 19th Mother's Day

I'm going to do my best to try and put into words the perfect love and joy I felt yesterday on my 19th Mother's Day. My day started with breakfast in bed, which was made by my husband Brett and delivered by my sweet little boys Eathyn and Ryan. 

I proceeded to lay in bed and read a book by my very favorite author of all time, Anita Stansfield. I got up 20 minutes before church started and got to church to find my husband, and father of my 7 children, at the sacrament table with our 16 year old son Austin. It was Austin's first day to bless the sacrament.

Here were two of the men in my life that honor their covenants they have made with the Lord, and live close to the spirit in such a way that they are worthy to conduct something as sacred as the sacrament. I decided at that moment, nothing could possibly make my Mother's Day any more amazing. Boy was I wrong! 

The Relief Society Presidency spoiled us with a special luncheon during the third hour of church. At my side eating were 2 of my very favorite woman in the world; my daughter Rebekah, who was thankfully home visiting from Peru and my cute daughter Rachel. 

When I got home, lunch was delivered to me in bed as I again laid and read my book. Ryan brought me a bowl of strawberries and bananas, in cream. After taking a long relaxing nap with my 5 year old Eathyn sleeping at my side, I woke to Brett making me two freezers full of home made ice cream. He then proceeded to make my very favorite dinner in the world; cat fish and hush puppies all made from scratch. 

No doubt the best hush puppies in this world!!! After dinner I got to talk to my oldest child Brandon; who's on a full time, two year mission, in Riverside California. My heart was now completely full of the most perfect joy. So I thought..... then Brandon told me after he got done talking to me he was going to a baptism where he would baptize someone he's been teaching the last little while. 

I can't think of a better Mother's Day gift from him, then to hear that he was literally at that moment building the Lord's kingdom on this earth.I realized, while taking a spontaneous walk at 10pm with my children so we could enjoy the beautiful night, under the stars - -I have the perfect life! How grateful I am to a loving Father in Heaven for all He has blessed me with.

Popular posts from this blog

Growing up too soon!

Eathyn Has the Croup

Back To School: a third of students will be bullied. Here is what we can do about it.