Back Yard Camp Out-Brett Pritchard

I've decided I have not recorded near enough memories over the years. I use to be a really good journal keeper, but I stopped shortly after Brett graduated from law school, 15 years ago! 

I'm very sad when I think of all the forgotten memories I will never get to relive again. Tonight we attempted to have a family camp out, on the trampoline. It was Brett, Me, Rebekah, Austin, Rachel, Eathyn and Ryan. 

We sang, Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars and I Have a Family Here on Earth. Then Brett told the kids a story.  I believe it's safe to say that's one of all our kids favorite moments with their dad.  He's a special man. 

I feel so blessed to know him, love him and have him as part of our lives. Our camp out didn't last long, but we had been promising Eathyn for weeks that we would do it.  

After sitting there as a family, we all started listening to the frogs.  I got the bright idea that maybe the boys would exchange a camp out for a frog hunt with their big brother Austin.  They loved the idea!  

We were all sliding to the middle of the trampoline, our camp out wouldn't last long due to that one miner detail. But, it was so nice to all be out laying under the stars together. 

During those moments I miss having all my kids at home.  The pain that is associated with having them scattered all over the world can not be put into words.  Sometimes its so painful I think I'd rather not have all the memories than to feel the pain of being separated from them.  It's been that hard.

Popular posts from this blog

Growing up too soon!

Eathyn Has the Croup

Back To School: a third of students will be bullied. Here is what we can do about it.